Tommy John is a comfort-focused lifestyle brand committed to solving the problem people have with their clothing. Most well-known for reimagining the fabric, fit and function of underwear and undershirts, Tommy John has spent the past decade making the online and in-store shopping experience more comfortable. We were featured on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, CBS This Morning, New York Times, Esquire, GQ, Golf Digest, Fortune, Fast Company, CNBC, and Business Insider’s list of “Top 51 Companies That Are Changing the Way We Shop”. We are constantly on a mission to add smart, innovative and proactive team members and are looking for a Production Associate to join our New York based headquarters.
We are looking for a proactive, quick and organized individual who will build collaborative relationships, coordinate interoffice communication and follow-up with external customers. The right candidate will be interested in joining the start-up world with a hunger to learn and take on more. They will contribute to the seasonal production process by coordinating the placement, execution and follow-up of manufacturing orders and by ensuring the timely delivery of quality, profitable goods.
- Order management skills including creating, revising, and maintaining production orders and monitoring PO transmission to factories.
- Assist with managing the STM charts, raw material commitments by vendor and follow up on the trigger calendar, where appropriate.
- Partner with CFT to confirm accuracy of size breaks, tickets, and item information in ERP.
- Perform daily tracking of on order, in progress (WIP) and in-transit against corporate calendar.
- Schedule in line and final inspections and conduct ‘request for quote’ process with freight forwarder for shipments.
- Create and distribute production status reports.
- Track capacity and performance of vendors for Production Manager.
- Verify customs classification, duty, and HTS codes.
- BFA or BA in Fashion Merchandising, Business, or related field preferred.
- Must have 3+ year of production experience.
- Basic understanding of factory operations, garment construction, costing and logistics.
- Intermediate Excel with strong knowledge of pivot tables, Vlook-up, formulas, and analytics.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, and Google applications.
- Superior communication skills - verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Highly detail oriented and meticulous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment.
Some awesome parts of working at Tommy John…
- Benefits - Health, Vision/Dental
- Medical covered 100% for employees
- Tommy John Employee Discount
- Weekly Culture Calendar events
- Tons of Snacks
- Countless Happy Hours
- Great work environment
But, don't just take our word for it. Check out #WorkAtTommyJohn on Instagram for a behind the scenes look!