Tommy John is a comfort-focused lifestyle brand committed to solving the problem people have with their clothing. Most well-known for reimagining the fabric, fit and function of underwear and undershirts, Tommy John has spent the past decade making the online and in-store shopping experience more comfortable. We were featured on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, CBS This Morning, New York Times, Esquire, GQ, Golf Digest, Fortune, Fast Company, CNBC, and Business Insider’s list of “Top 51 Companies That Are Changing the Way We Shop”. We are constantly on a mission to add smart, innovative and fun-loving team members and are looking for a Chief of Staff to join our team.
This position works for the Founder, Co-Founder and President on strategic and critical items, such as working with employees as well as customers and board members. The Chief of Staff makes many important decisions and has strong leadership skills. This is a service role created to organize and elevate our Founder/Co-Founder and President.
Executive Liaison Responsibilities:
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the Founder/Co-Founder/President and internal departments and build relationships crucial to effective collaboration across the organization.
- Provide decision support through research, analysis of information, and clear presentation of considerations.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the ability to effectively execute on top priorities.
- Prepare communication and research for the CEO, including, but not limited to, company updates, presentations and data analysis.
- Conduct meeting preparation and research: You will be responsible for providing research and insight for all CEO meetings as well as ensuring that all internal meetings have a defined agenda and objectives.
- Prepare presentations for internal and external audiences. This will usually involve designing highly compelling presentations for company-wide meetings and speaking engagements.
- Provide ad-hoc support on projects small to large; these could include presentations (internal and external), research tasks, financial modeling, internal Tommy John initiatives, facility and regulatory execution, new market explorations, and more. Step in where help is most needed.
- Assist in prioritizing the Exec team’s time and help tackle projects on their behalf. Attend meetings if they cannot make it and summarize key takeaways and action items.
- Help own communication between the Execs, other leadership team members, and Tommy John staff as necessary. Help draft written communication including emails, proposals, quarterly updates, etc. Be the executive gatekeeper.
Who You Are:
- Able to build trust with leadership, as well as internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
- A presentations expert (PowerPoint/Keynote/G-Suite).
- Strong written communication skills and ability to distill and convey information in a compelling manner.
- Detail-oriented organizational and process management skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests and responsibilities.
- Emotional intelligence and ability to establish strong and trusting relationships.
- Passion for understanding and fulfilling internal or external customer needs; problem-solver mindset. (Must be able to demonstrate success in this area).
- Sharp business judgment, ability to see "big picture" and to prioritize.
- Executive presence and strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive – must thrive in a dynamic environment.
- High energy, strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results.
- 2-3 years of experience.
- MBA required, consulting experience a plus.
- Phenomenal organizational and gatekeeper management skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to spearhead critical strategic initiatives, which integrate quantitative and qualitative analysis and drive business results.
- Proven persistence and resilience when faced with challenging tasks.
- Strong quantitative outlook with matching analytical skills.
- Willingness to stay connected during non-standard hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Excellent G-Suite, Excel, Keynote and PowerPoint skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit
Some awesome parts of working at Tommy John:
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Medical covered 100% for employees
- Tommy John Employee Discount
- Weekly Culture Calendar events
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Tons of Snacks
- Countless Happy Hours
- Great work environment
But, don't just take our word for it. Check out #WorkAtTommyJohn on Instagram for a behind the scenes look!