Tommy John is a comfort-focused lifestyle brand committed to solving the problem people have with their clothing. Most well-known for reimagining the fabric, fit and function of underwear and undershirts, Tommy John has spent the past decade making the online and in-store shopping experience more comfortable. We were featured on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, CBS This Morning, New York Times, Esquire, GQ, Golf Digest, Fortune, Fast Company, CNBC, and Business Insider’s list of “Top 51 Companies That Are Changing the Way We Shop”. We are constantly on a mission to add smart, innovative and fun-loving team members, and are looking for a Merchandise Planning Analyst to come join our New York based headquarters.
Reporting to the Director of Merchandise Planning, the Merchandise Planning Analyst will be responsible making sure that we always have the right product for our evolving customer base. This position will provide support by updating and enhancing in-depth analytical reports and providing insight into customer purchasing trends. The ideal candidate is someone who is detail-oriented, highly analytical, and eager to gain the technical and practical knowledge in planning.
- Maintain healthy inventory levels down to the size level for assigned division; work closely with and escalate issues to the Merchandise Planning Manager
- Create historical reports and data analysis to surface key opportunities for pre-season planning
- Analyze standard reports and create recaps to share insights with Merchandise Planning Manager
- Analyze assortment effectiveness by channel (Ecomm/Wholesale/Stores) and react to business opportunities
- Analyze in-season product performance, focused on channel demand (Ecomm/Wholesale/Stores); class/category performance, style performance, and major marketing performance
- Monitor item performance and make recommendations to Merchandise Planning manager to maximize profitability
- Identify seasonal sales trends using items/category sales history and taking into account promotional activity when replenishing
- Drive sales and inventory turnover to maximize profitability
- Demonstrate the ability to react to in-season sales trends by communicating and taking appropriate actions with Merchandise Planning Manager
- Demonstrate an understanding of replenishment strategies for the website fulfillment that support sales trends, growth and inventory turn
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal cross functional teams
- Monitor replenishment POs and ensure timely receipt of goods
- Bachelor's Degree in Merchandising, Planning or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in ecommerce / planning for an apparel related company, preferred
- Outstanding organizational and cross-functional management skills with extreme attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal communication and written skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and research skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
Some awesome parts of working at Tommy John:
- Benefits – Medical, Vision, Dental
- Medical covered 100% for employees
- Tommy John Employee Discounts
- Bi-weekly Culture Calendar events
- Great work environment!
But, don't just take our word for it. Check out #WorkAtTommyJohn on Instagram for a behind the scenes look!