Tommy John is a comfort-focused lifestyle brand committed to solving the problem people have with their clothing. Most well-known for reimagining the fabric, fit and function of underwear and undershirts, Tommy John has spent the past decade making the online and in-store shopping experience more comfortable. We were featured on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, CBS This Morning, New York Times, Esquire, GQ, Golf Digest, Fortune, Fast Company, CNBC, and Business Insider’s list of “Top 51 Companies That Are Changing the Way We Shop”. We are constantly on a mission to add smart, innovative and proactive team members and are looking for a Director of Site Experience to join our New York based headquarters.
Reporting to the VP of Digital, this individual will lead a team responsible for the various aspects of the on-site customer journey including Product Management, UX/UI, Site Analytics, Content Planning, and Site Merchandising. He/she will partner closely with IT and Marketing and be the connector across all teams working on site related projects. The goals associated to this role are leveraging usability learnings, data and experience to create the most optimal user experience across multiple categories, collections, and between men's and women's listening to customer feedback and developing strategy to omit barriers in the experience.
The ideal candidate is open-minded, flexible, concise and has a persuasive communication style that encourages action and can confidently present to executive stakeholders. Additionally, this individual can think strategically in helping to build out a roadmap needed to support business growth and can help build out and train a leading site experience team.
- Site merchandising including the development of a weekly refresh calendar identifying key site campaigns to run with collaboration from merchandising teams.
- Leverage key investment strategy and product launches to partner with creative on content and asset development to support their strategies.
- Oversee product management team and help to prioritize roadmap.
- Weekly/bi-weekly site refreshes, content planning, and site metrics used to measure campaign success.
- Understanding our customer experience and identifying opportunities, developing a prioritized roadmap leading to support of execution of the enhancement and functionality list.
- Developing multiple onsite A/B testing programs and leveraging AI to provide the most personalized and individually unique site experience.
- Accountable for site success metrics including all onsite metrics and will be responsible for noting trends in customer buying behaviors and reflecting into site functionality.
- Continuously look at trends across the industry and benchmark competitive campaigns.
- Prioritizing workflow and communication on the prioritization to teams impacted and/or requesting features across the Tommy John organization.
- Partner with creative team on content planning process with the goal to get ahead of planning events and promotions needed to support the business and create a more forward-thinking culture.
- Develop processes across multiple areas of site experience to ensure cross communication and collaboration is prevalent across the teams.
- Work with creative team to develop a briefing process for all site related needs.
- Partner with Marketing to understand landing page requests and ensure they are trackable and incorporated into the full site experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience leading site experience particularly in a retail driven environment.
- Keen understanding of development timelines and sprints.
- Self-starter with superior time management, project management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work cross functionally, understanding different needs of the business and managing expectations
- Exceptional data-analysis skills and ability to communicate findings effectively in a non-technical manner
- Excellent communication skills and maintain respectful, strong relationships across the organization
- Understanding of business impact as it relates to customer journey
- Experience with running and evaluating results from user testing initiatives, and A/B testing platforms
- Desire and ambition to keep ahead of industry trends and new technologies.
- Self-motivated, resourceful and creative mindset
Some awesome parts of working at Tommy John:
- Benefits - Health, Dental, Vision
- Medical covered 100% for employees
- Tommy John Employee Discount
- Bi-Weekly Culture Calendar events
- Tons of Snacks
- Countless Happy Hours
- Great work environment
But, don't just take our word for it. Check out #WorkAtTommyJohn on Instagram for a behind the scenes look!