Tommy John is a comfort-focused lifestyle brand committed to solving the problem people have with their clothing. Most well-known for reimagining the fabric, fit and function of underwear and undershirts, Tommy John has spent the past decade making the online and in-store shopping experience more comfortable. We were featured on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, CBS This Morning, New York Times, Esquire, GQ, Golf Digest, Fortune, Fast Company, CNBC, and Business Insider’s list of “Top 51 Companies That Are Changing the Way We Shop”. We are constantly on a mission to add smart, innovative and fun-loving team members and are looking for a PA & Office Assistant to join our team.
The Personal Assistant part of this position means playing a critical role in providing administrative support to the Founder, Co-Founder and President. The Office duties in the job description will be assisting the Office Manager in a general office support role. By managing everything from calendar and travel arrangements to internal communication and meeting management on behalf of these leaders, as well as general office-admin duties, this highly organized and endlessly resourceful person will ensure that nothing falls through the cracks.
This position will support these three leaders, our People Office and our Office Manager. The role will report directly to the Director of People with a dotted line to the Office and Events Planning Manager.
- Manage Google calendars for 3 leaders and set up internal and external meetings by coordinating with key partners.
- Proactively look forward and manage conflicts and priorities so leadership can spend maximum time on strategic tasks.
- Coordinate various onsite and offsite meetings for teams. Assist with creating meeting agendas and facilitating functional meetings.
- Assist with monthly expense reporting and ensure all expenses are collected and submitted on time.
- Manage and book travel plans (flights, hotels, rental cars, etc), thinking through all details to take the stress out of travel.
- Arrange meals and dinner plans (i.e. Remind the leadership team to eat!).
- Work with couriers in the organization of product samples and gifts.
- Devise and maintain office systems, including data management and filing.
- Screen phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handle them when appropriate.
- Meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority.
Who You Are:
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a proactive work-style.
- Positive and inquisitive. Always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you.
- Friendly and empathetic person who quickly understands people’s needs and preferences and is proactive in helping making lives easier.
- You like people (that’s an important one!) and have superb interpersonal skills.
- Creative problem solver who comes to the table with solutions.
- You are known as someone who readily takes the initiative with tact and diplomacy when necessary.
- Highly reliable, trustworthy, and consistent in your ability to produce the highest quality work.
- Consummate team player, always willing to help out.
- 2 years of experience in office admin, operations, reception work, or in a fast-paced office support function.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Great word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills and an expert at juggling a range of different tasks.
- The ability to research, digest, analyze and present material clearly and concisely.
- Self-sufficient & flexible.
- Honest and reliable. A person of integrity who can be trusted with confidential issues and information.
- Fastidious about attention to detail even when working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
FLSA: Please note this is a fulltime, hourly paid, non-exempt role. Applicants with senior PA or office management experience should bear this in mind before applying.
Some awesome parts of working at Tommy John:
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision
- Medical covered 100% for employees
- Tommy John Employee Discount
- Weekly Culture Calendar events
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Tons of Snacks
- Countless Happy Hours
- Great work environment
But, don't just take our word for it. Check out #WorkAtTommyJohn on Instagram for a behind the scenes look!